[tlug] Argh ... no luck installing XFS ... help

Ok, I've run out of helpful URLs ... I've followed every bit of installation
information I can find for getting an XFS filesystem on my machine but with
no success ...

I tought I had finally done everything right but when it actually came to
using 'mkfs' to get an xfs it just crapped out with:

mkfs.xfs: warning - cannot set blocksize on block device /dev/hda11:
Input/output error

Any brave/helpful souls out there feeling generous enough to give me some
simple step-by-steps instructions?

I don't know if XFS is evolving too quickly or what but even the
instructions on SGI's own XFS site's installation instructions don't seem to
work (URL to non-existant installer ISO images or commands that don't apply
anymore for example).

Help!

Jc

PS I have a RH7.2 machine (kernel 2.4.7-10 is what it installed).