Re: [tlug] OT: XML?

>Can anyone point me to any ressource that explain *why* and *how* XML can
>be put to good use on a rather simple web site?

Hi,

My understanding is that today's browsers simply aren't ready for XML. If you want cutting edge, you should stick to XHTML 1.0.

The New York Public Library has gone this route and published a very handy Style Guide:

http://www.nypl.org/styleguide/

Also take a look at Geoffrey Zeldman's "unauthorized companion" to the guide:

http://www.alistapart.com/stories/betterliving/

Best,

::: Rudolf Ammann

::: Mie University, Japan