Re: [tlug] html editor :) IBM Homepage Builder

> Can you tell us a sample URL to try this. It's rare to find a real
> Japanese page I can't read.

Well, the page is my home page, and I have only just started putting things
together, so I am hesitant to give you the URL. Especially when all of you
folks are lightyears ahead of me in IT knowledge and experience. I am just
trying to get into the field now. The url is www.works-lives.com , but
please do not judge too harshly. I am just putting it together, and I am
presently looking into a small-town CIR job, and I figure that the Town Hall
PC's are probably rather slow, so I have tried to keep the pages minimal for
now (until I find out about that position).

I am pretty sure that it is my mistake either in the software with which I
wrote the pages or the meta tags I have used.

> It should. BTW, I am surprised you are going "into KDE with shift-jis".
> With any *n*x system at present I'd stick with euc-jp.

Now I know. No one around me uses *n*x, so until I recently started
participating in TLUG and LUKY, I have had no input on the Linux side of
things.

> You should be able to use iso-2022-jp, shift_JIS and euc-jp quite freely.
> All should work equally well, except on DoCoMo, etc. keitai browsers
> which are hard-wired for shift_JIS.

Wonderful. Thank you for the breakdown. I will try to make some test files
with different text editors and then with Dreamweaver to see if it is a
Dreamweaver character set problem or a problem with my OS (which has
recently been subjected to many installs and uninstalls).