Re: [tlug] problem with J2SE bin file

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 11:49:44AM +0900,
A.Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> Its a bad idea not to have /bin/sh since many scripts may depend on it.
> On most modern machines, this is a link to /bin/bash.

Commercial Unices and the BSDs use their own versions of the Bourne shell that
isn't bash. In fact, I can't think of any modern Unix-like besides Linux
that does use bash as a Bourne-shell replacement.

And no, Cygwin, BeOS and the Hurd do not count.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?    -- Steve Wright