Re: [tlug] linux crash

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 01:13:59AM +0200, Pietro Zuco wrote:
> I was playing with videos with a software called Xine. It looks nice but it
> crash every time I try to open a mpg video. The problem is that not only the
> Xine crash, else the whole system! I tried to change console, to close the
> Xserver with ctrl alt backspace, and to reboot the system with ctrl alt
> delete but nothing moved. I dod't have other alternative and I pressed reset.
>
> Are there a daemon, a tool or someway to make a really effective break
> combination keys?

No, there isn't. Your problem with xine could be related to your video
card you have and the X support for your video card. I have the same
problem with the Savage Pro/Twister video chipset while running xine.
If you are running the Savage Pro/Twister chipset you'll have to wait
for or write your own patch to correct the problem. Otherwise, I
recommend trying a different video card to see if it corrects your
problem.

-- Uva