Re: [tlug] RedHat up2date funnies

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 08:53:53AM -0400, Josh Glover wrote:
> - I would not recommend using up2date. If you want something to provide
> up2date's functionality, try Ximian's Red Carpet. I personally just

I don't like up2date either.  My preferred tools are:

autoupdate
  http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~gerald/ftp/autoupdate/index.html
autorpm
  http://www.autorpm.org/

autoupdate provides a completely automated tool for doing RPM
updates.  autorpm can be run in fully automated mode, but
provides more knobs for customizing the behavior and optionally
accepting operator intervention.  Each optionally allows you to
build a "local download pool" on a master machine that then
gets deployed to the rest of the fleet.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/