RE: [tlug] jp encoding

> >> Is there a simple way to change encoding of
> >> Japanese for input?
> Input to what? What app? What IME?
Any app in general.

> >> I know that Linux's default encoding is eucJP.
> It is? What app are you talking about?
It is, isn't it? Unless you change it yourself.

> >> So when I want some file to be in sjis, I
> >> would have to "nkf -s < euc_file > sjis_file"
> >> But this could be quite tiresome..
> Where did the EUC file come from?
The files that I made.

> >> So I was just wondering if there's a good
> >> way to make a file in say, sjis directly.
> I have a number of editors that can operate in Shift_JIS mode. I simply
> have to set them to that coding and input away. If it is one that runs
> in a kterm, I have to set the kterm's encoding to Shift_JIS.
I know that can be done. I was just wondering if
there's a simpler way. Say, instead of setting
encoding of every app I use, maybe I could
just change the IME sorta stuff of Linux.
Like Wnn or Canna.

> Why do you want a file in Shit-JIS anyway?
HTML and JSP files in general.

-mune