[tlug] hostname setup at Gnome start-up

Hi, I have a couple questions about hostname setup.

I work at 2 different places and of course, the network
setups (like, IP and Gateway) are different on those
sites.

So I have two sets of /etc/hosts, /etc/sysconfig/network,
And when I go to each site, I type
# ifdown eth0
# ifconfig <IP addrs> netmask <netmask> broadcast
<broadcast>
# ifup eth0
(supposedly "/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart" doesn't
work well on RedHat 7.2)

After these commands, I can connect to both local
and foreign computers.
However, when I start X, Gnome complains
"Could not look up internet address for
<hostname>.<old domain>. This willl prevent GNOME
from operating correctly. It maybe possible to correct
the problem by adding <hostname>.<new domain> to
the file /etc/hosts."

Although, I already corrected the domain names
with correct addresses in both /etc/hosts and
/etc/sysconfig/network, Gnome still looks at the
old (previous site) domain name.

I mean, after this alert, Gnome still works fine, but
I wanna make sure that everything is in correct state.
And the only way I know to fix the problem is to
restart the system after setting up the new
network setup...  ;_;

Does the problem occur because:
(1) The way I'm setting up the network thing is
     wrong.
(2) I'm still missing something in network setup.
(3) There's some special network-related file for
     Gnome that I have to take care of.
(4) Gnome reads the old config files at the
     system boot-up, so the only way to fix the
     problem is to do the new network setup
     at the old site before shutting down.

Some hint or solution is appreciated   =)

-mune