Re: [tlug] Linux Windows Media Player Protocal not supported?!!!

btm (btm@example.com) wrote:

> CrossOverPlugin supports Windows Media player.

It costs $20 and it requires that you have Windows Media Player.
If we had Windows Media Player, that would mean we probably also had
Windows, in which case we wouldn't need Crossover Plugin at all :-)

A better approach is to just find sites that don't use Windows Media
format.  And if you feel like being an activist, drop them a polite
note that says you would have liked to view or listen to their content,
but unfortunately, they chose Windows Media rather than an open,
platform-agnostic standard.

Jonathan