Re: [tlug] StarSuite

> I find it really nice and stable. The only thing that I cant get to work
> is Japanese (both display and input). Ive tried enabling Asian language
> support, but seems more is required.
>
> Anyone else have it working yet?
>
> Sajjad

Yes. It goes as follows:
Open Soffice.
open Tools/Options/Language settings/Languages
and choose
Asian languages enabled.
Choose above: Default Languages for Documents/Asian: Japanese

That is was you did, I guess.

Then:

Tools/Options/Text Document/Basic Fonts (Western).
I chose here TL 朝日, because I have nice fonts from Turbolinux, so you
should choose there a
font which enables you to display the alphabet and Kanji at the same time,
if available.
(With this, if you open a document containing both alphabet and Kanji, you
will see both.
Top check which font does it, open a document, and then choose deot/select
all and play with your fonts).
Then first change the Default font, so that the third to fifth follow suit.
The second ("Heading") you change as well.

And of course, you must choose an asian font as well for
Basic fonts (Asian).
I chose my TL朝日, but any asian should do it.

You can check these settings by choosing
Format/Styles/Catalog/Default/Modify where they should appear.

I had ugly fonts in the tool bars as well.
To change that:
Choose Tools/OPenOffice.org/Font Replacement and replace the Font "Interface
User" with your Favorite.

Have fun with it, as I have

Kurt