Re: [tlug] Dynamic DNS for DHCP

> When dhcpd assigns a lease, I want the client machine's hostname and IP
> address to be added to the DNS server's directory.  When a lease expires
> or if a client releases it earlier, I want the corresponding DNS entry to
> be removed.  Is there any tool that does this automatically?

Solved my own problem.  DDT isn't needed at all.  In /etc/named.conf, I
added:
    allow-update { localnets; }:
(Of course next I need to practice with signatures and use update-policy
instead.  This isn't urgent because my experimental private LAN has no
connection to the internet.)

Some of this documentation is really hard to find.