Re: [tlug] Good resoures for i18n programming?

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:36:10 -0600 (MDT)
Marc Christensen <marc@example.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had any good pointers to i18n programming info
> (web based or other)?  ie, proper string handeling, functions which handle
> multibyte, gettext, etc. C, C++, etc.

There's this:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu/

which is X Licenced.  (From the web page: "The ICU project is licensed under the X License (see also the x.org original), which is compatible with GPL but non-viral." Some viruses are good :-)

I haven't used it but I've downloaded it a couple of times with the intention of giving it a run out only to be distracted by beer or something else.  It's currently used by the Xerces (XML parser) apache project.

HTH,

--
simon colston
simon@example.com