Re: [tlug] Partitions and Partition Magic

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 10:15:55AM +0900, Dan Myers wrote:

> I bought the English version of Partition Magic but then while reading
> the readme (trust me a unusual occurrence) I discovered that It doesn't
> work with the Japanese OS (other than Linux OS) and so I can partition
> it and put both Linux and the Other OS on the same hard drive as I had
> wanted to do. Any recommendations? Anyone out there tried this with
> Partition Magic & a Japanese OS?

Can't help you with Partition Magic, but maybe you should consider biting
the bullet and doing it the old-fashioned way, tweaking your partitions
with FIPS and using LILO as a boot manager.

Back in 1997 I had a colleague who wanted to dual-boot the English and
Japanese versions of Windows 95, which was supposed to be impossible. I
created two big Windows partitions and a small Linux partition, set LILO
up to switch the bootable flag on the two Win partitions, installed both
versions of Windows, created a nice boot menu ... worked like a charm!

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA