Re: [tlug] mail recommendations

>throw it in there.  It has wonderful support for japanese.  Better than
>the English version of OE.  You can at least read the subjects with

I have never used the English version of OE, or any other post-1994
Microsoft software. I came to Japan with a 486-33 notebook PC and
Windows 3.1 that cost me my entire US savings. My first desktop was a
home-made PC with Windows95-Japanese, and I went through 98, 98SE, and
now W2K -- all in Japanese with Japanese MS Office, Japanese versions of
Photoshop, etc. Even my Dreamweaver and other Macromedia programs are
Japanese. The only US software I have are games, and I don't even do
games anymore. Although this made building my first PC and
troubleshooting the company network a pain at first, I think it helped
me to reach literacy in Japanese. Also, I can use both J and E
tutorials, which must be a plus.

But the bottom line is that I am looking for a program that will
comparable to Japanese OE in its ability to handle Japanese, and I
appreciate everyone's recommendations. I will go through them one by
one, taking my time to get a feel for each.

Thank you again,
Micheal