Re: [tlug] CLI admin how-to ideas?

<SNIP>

> I'd be very happy with a GUI that worked. When they work I use them. What I
> detest is a melee of control files which seem to change name and location
> every release. E.g.  for years I've been amending /etc/X11/XF86Config, and
> suddenly it's called XF86Config-4, with XF86Config still there just to
> confuse me.

There is method to this madness. The reason you have both is so that you
can have both the old and the new versions of XFree installed simultaneously.
Well that and to confuse you. ;)

--Matt
--
"Take away them collisions and the common channel and it's like Christianity
 without Christ." -Jim Breen (speaking about "full-duplex" Ethernet)