Re: [tlug] Re: disk configuration: drive mounting

On 19:11 2002/04/06 -0800, Marlo Rocci wrote
> > mount -t smbfs -o username=foo,password=bar file://host/share /mountpoint
>

>Am I the only one who thinks this could be a security issue?
>
>Aside from that, I had trouble getting it to work, it was not recognizing
>the network shared folder on the windows machine.  for troubleshooting
>purposes I created a share on my win2k (named slave)  box called "linux".  I
>used the smbclient -L file://host (smbclient -L //slave) command to try to
>see it.  it returned to following error:

FWIW, I have ~sometimes~ gotten this to work with
smbclient -N <localhost> -L

on the Linux box. That is, if the Linux box is named freak, then, on freak

smbclient -N freak -L

This was some time ago--I actually only use Samba for briefly backing up
something from one box to another on a home network, and I'm looking at old
notes I made (where, of course, I figured I'd remember why I was doing that
and didn't bother to write it down.)

As I'm sure one of the more expert people will help you,  when they
see your post,
I'm posting the above  more for my own curiosity, to see if by some chance
it does work.

Thanks
Scott Robbins