Re: [tlug] Generating documentation from comments from source code

On Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:30:39 +0900
Darren Cook <darrenj@example.com> wrote:

> > Can anyone recommend any software for generating documentation from comments in source code?  In particular I'm looking for
> > something for C and PHP.
>
> "PHPDoc is an adoption of Javadoc to the PHP world...."
>   http://www.phpdoc.de/
>   http://pear.php.net/manual/en/packages.phpdoc.php
>
> It requires using special formatting for the comments you want to appear
> in the documentation though. Is that what you had in mind, or something
> more general?

Well I was hoping there would be one tool that did both.

> I just glanced at Doxygen and I think it works the same way; it looks
> more advanced/complex than PHPDoc.

I've got doxygen working now.  There is a perl script available from the doxygen site to pre-process PHP code so that it passes through doxygen. http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/download.html#helpers

Bit more RTFMing to get things just the way I want them...

Thanks everyone.

--
simon colston
simon@example.com