Re: [tlug] partiton

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 12:21:56PM +0900, hatsuhiro wrote:
> 3. Linux has only partitions named hda1 through hda16 under /dev regarding
> of hda. However, I want more! So, my consequent question is how we can
> extend it?

If your MAKEDEV only creates 16 nodes there, you might try
creating the additional nodes by hand:
  mknod -m 0660 /dev/hda17 b 3 17
  chown root.root /dev/hda17
  mknod -m 0660 /dev/hda18 b 3 18
  chown root.root /dev/hda18

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt claims you can have up
to 63 partitions, but I've never had the urge to try it.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/