Re: [tlug] disk configuration: drive mounting

Marlo Rocci wrote:

> I have a hard drive that has two FAT32 partitions on it.  I need to mount
> them into my Redhat 7 install.  I've run and read MAN MOUNT and am suffering
> from a bit of "too much information".

mount -t vfat /dev/hdxx /mnt/win

You might not even need to specify the filesystem.

> since the MAN MOUNT document suggests that using the mount command can be
> dangerous

I didn't find this in the manpage at all.
[boti@example.com boti]$ man mount |grep -B 1 -A 1 danger
Reformatting mount(8), please wait...
              option has no effect anymore.  (And non-binary set­
              tings  used  to be very dangerous, possibly leading
              to silent data corruption.)

> , I wanted to consult with people who've actually used it before I
> blow everything up.

I mean, most free software out there comes with a disclaimer like "This
software comes without warranty of any kind, use at your own risk".
If you don't want to damage your computer, then don't turn it on.

--
the member behind "B0Ti"