Re: [tlug] epcEditor [OT, but not in a thread started this way]

    >>> of humour.

It certainly was dry, what there was of it.

    >>> I can confirm that it was Heinlein -- spoken by Jubal Harshaw,
    >>> IIRC.

    Jim> Jubal Harshaw? As in Stranger in a Strange Land?

    Jim> No way, Jose'.

Now, now.

    Jim> Perhaps we are conflating two different things.

We are.  But as you wrote it originally (without the NYPD cop), it
definitely was a paraphrase of a passage from Heinlein, and it very
well could have been "Stranger".  Somehow it seems more likely to have
been Lazarus Long in "Methuseleh's Children."