Re: [tlug] Laptops with Linux compatible video cards

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 09:42:07AM +0900, Dan Myers wrote:
> Anyone know what brand or models of different laptops are compatible
> with the Linux freeX86 server?
>
> I want to run Linux on my laptop but it doesn't seem to work too well so
> I thought I'd find out what kind to buy in the future.

As Chris pointed out, be aware of the type of video chipset. I have
a HP pavilion ze1110 notebook which runs X well, but I am unable to
run xine until a future patch makes it possible. If you need to run
xine for any reason, I recommend not purchasing a laptop with the
Via (S3) ProSavage AGP 3D (a.k.a. Twister) chipset.

Otherwise, for a $1000 US the HP pavilion make for a great linux
notebook for use with USB scanners, digital cameras, PDAs, ect...

-- Uva