Re: [tlug] epcEditor

[Michael Moyle (Re: [tlug] epcEditor) writes:]
>CM = Chuck Muller:
CM > >> But the fact is, as I see it from the lower end of
CM > >> technical skill, unless some people begin to provide some easily usable
CM > >> applications like the one I introduced yesterday, Linux will continue to
CM > >> remain a platform limited in its usage to a small coterie of  IT
CM > >> professionals and skilled hackers, forever being off-limits to the more
CM > >> average end-user like myself, who would have to stay with locked in the
CM > >> Redmond prison.

>> True. Except learning linux has to do with patience more than anything
>> else. It is free after all.

Hmmm. No excuse for things being sloppy, counter-intuitive and arcane
(not that I can claim to be sin-free on any of those.)

>> > Ah, there are a lot of us old vi people around; we're just older and
>> > wiser. Besides who'd ever get up missionary zeal over vi. I liken it to
>> > the Sunni and Shi'ite schism in Unixdom. Watch out for them
>> > fundamentalists.
>>
>> This is an interesting phenomenon.
>> vi vs emacs
>> windows vs mac
>> freebsd vs linux
>>
>> Of course, linux is my answer to the classic windows vs mac debate. Now
>> I see this freebsd vs linux banter.

Huh? What "freebsd vs linux banter"? I thought we were stoking up the
"vi vs emacs" religious war? Don't go bringing in red herrings! Nothing
worse than a totally confused religious war.

(Reminds me of that short story called "The Religious War on **th Street"
[I forget the street] which describes in a very humorous way the events
when a Hare Krishna group, a Scientologist group and a "Jews for Jesus"
rally all arrive at the same NY corner.)

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298