Re: [tlug] Japanese input with Galeon?

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 04:23:29PM -0500,
Josh Glover wrote:
> Problem, when I fire it up with my usual incantation:
>
> LANG=ja_JP XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 galeon
>
> all the menus are in Japanese. "Of course they are, you moron!" you may
> be saying (especially if you are Steve Turnbull! ;). So I tried:

<turnbull>Of course they are, you moron!</turnbull>

> LANG=ja_JP LC_ALL=en XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 galeon
>
> which had the desired result of making the menus come out in English,
> but Japanese input would not work.

LANG=ja_JP LC_MESSAGES=C XMODIFIERS=@example.com=kinput2 galeon

For reference, read the man page for locale(1).

--
Shimpei Yamashita                               http://www.shimpei.org/
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?    -- Steve Wright