RE: [tlug] Card Readers (was 'writing to USB storage device')

Glad to meet everyone at the Feb. nomikai.  I am looking forward to
Saturday's meeting.

At the nomikai, I showed off my company's (Y-E Data) Hexa Media Drive USB
card reader/writer.  It seemd to work well with Debian.  Some people wanted
to purchase one and asked for a discount.

Sorry I wasn't able to arrange a discount, but I will bring three samples to
Saturday's meeting.  To purchase one, please see the product info below. :-)

Best regards,
jimb.
Jim Blackson
Y-E Data, Inc.

<product-info>
The Hexa Media Drive is a USB digital media (card) reader/writer.  It has
three slots, which you can use at the same time (some restrictions apply).

Slot 1:	SmartMedia
Slot 2:	Memory Stick / SD Memory Card / MultiMedia Card
Slot 3:	CompactFlash / MicroDrive

Technically, the HMD is a USB 1.1 full speed (12 Mbps) mass storage device
with 4 logical units.  You need Linux kernel 2.4.x with the USB mass storage
driver stack.  The HMD appears as SCSI logical units.  BTW, the HMD also
works on Macintosh and MS-Windows machines. :-)

Product datasheet can be found here:
English: http://www.yedata.com/product/eps11091.html
Japanese: http://www.yedata.co.jp/product/jps11091.html

The Hexa Media Drive is available at these fine retailers:

In the USA: LaCie
http://www.lacie.com/products/product.cfm?id=FBCC21B7-21E5-11D6-97F10090278D
3ED0

In Japan:

Y-E Data On-line Shop: YD-MATES (
Y8,200; free shipping within Japan
http://www.yedata.co.jp/ydmates/index.htm

Akihabara:

Sofmap Main Store, 5F
Logitec HMD, Y8,899
$B%=%U%^%C%WK\4[(J5$B3,(J
$B%m%8%F%C%/@=(J8899$B1_(J

Tsukumo DOS/V Store  (near 1F cash register?)
$B%D%/%b(JDOS/V$B4[(J
$B%m%8%F%C%/@=(J8899$B1_(J
YED$B@=(J7499$B1_(J

Oricon Main Store, 2F (near the back)
YED brand HMD
$B26%3%sK\E9(J2F
YED$B@=(J7800$B1_(J

Shinjuku Yodobashi Camera, West Exit Store
Logitec brand HMD
$B?7=I%h%I%P%7@>8}E9(J
$B%m%8%F%C%/@=(J8899$B1_(J

$B$=$NB>CO0h!'(J

Paltec stores in Machida, Tachikawa, Tokorozawa
YED brand HMD
$B#Y#E#D%V%i%s%I(J
$BD.ED!"N)@example.com!"=jBt$N%Q%k%F%C%/(J

</product-info>