Re: [tlug] random in bash [Kmail Notification]

maybe I should the man page!

$man bash
-----------snip--------------------

       RANDOM Each  time  this  parameter is referenced, a random
              integer between 0  and  32767  is  generated.   The
              sequence  of  random  numbers may be initialized by
              assigning a value to RANDOM.  If RANDOM  is  unset,
              it loses its special properties, even if it is sub-
              sequently reset.

       SECONDS
$echo $RANDOM
20236