Re: [tlug] Partition sizes

/ should be as small as possible since it doesnt/shouldnt change much. I
usually make it about 180MB on a RH system. It should use up about 100MB
at most.

With 15GB here is what the total would look like:

/boot	32MB
swap	256MB (128MB RAM x 2)
/	180MB
/var	1GB
/tmp	256MB (should be the same as RAM, but 128 is pretty small)
/usr	1.5GB
/usr/local	2GB
/home	the rest (about 9GB)

60MB for /boot looks excessive. Even with about 10 kernels, my 32MB
partition is about half full, but whats 60MB at todays prices?

- --
A. Sajjad Zaidi
System Administrator
Technology & Operations Div.