Re: [tlug] Selective mojibake email

    Matt> I don't know why I found it necessary to attack like that.

??  What attack?  :-)

    Matt> That depends on how you define "accident." If you mean
    Matt> something like a historical accident,

Precisely.  I needed it for the bon mot, anyway.  :-)

    Matt> There are many good, intelligent people working there who,
    Matt> as I said, are sincerely trying to do the right things. The
    Matt> problem is just that it's a large company with too much
    Matt> power and a warped sense of values. Seems like there's more
    Matt> than one of those around.

No question about sentence 1 or 2, and for sentence 3 it's quite
arguable that the quantitive difference in power of Mircrosoft makes
for a qualitative difference.

    Matt> I was just trying to point out that their XML processor is,
    Matt> if not 100% compliant with the spec, very, very, close

I don't have a problem with that, just that people might take it as a
sign that the company is changing tack on standards.