Re: [tlug] Cable modem, which mode ?

[Christopher SEKIYA (Re: [tlug] Cable modem, which mode ?) writes:]
>> > I guess that manufacturers will make a big deal out of it if their
>> > equiplement supports full duplex, and that one can assume it doesn't if the
>> > feature isn't mentioned in the docs.
>>
>> A switch that doesn't support FDX should not be considered for purchase.

Hmmm. If it was significantly cheaper, there are all sorts of
circumstances where it might be worth it. After all, in most small
scale situations the advantages of full-duplex will be close to zero.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298