Re: [tlug] grub vs lilo

On Friday 22 February 2002 07:49 am, YAMAGATA Hiroo wrote:
> I got myself a 30GB hard disk and was having a lot of trouble getting
> win2000 and linux on it together using lilo. lilo always fumbles finding
> the /boot partition that I made below the 2GB border.
>
> And then I used grub, and wow, it works like a charm. So my question is,
> what's the advantage of using lilo? Are there any know weakness of grub?
> I'm curious.

I use lilo and my linux partition start belong 2G and there are no problems.
Are your Win2k partition ntfs? I had some problems with a configuration like
that because in the installation process lilo was configured automatically to
any fat that it found, but no ntfs was set. I did that manually in the
lilo.conf.
I prefer lilo becasue is possible, to set more that 640x480 resolution in
text mode, can it be possible with grub?

Pietro