Re: [tlug] Japanese keyboard on English RH

At 14:12 02/02/22 +0900, Brett Robson wrote:
>I've just installed English RH7.1 and this time I only have a Japanese keyboard available. I did choose the correct keyboard (Jp 106) on installation but the keys are not mapped correctly. (can't live without the pipe character!)

if on X Windows,

1  edit /etc/XF86Config

    XkbKeycodes     "xfree86"
    XkbTypes        "default"
    XkbCompat       "default"
    XkbSymbols      "jp(jp106)"
    XkbGeometry     "pc"
    XkbRules        "xfree86"
    XkbModel        "pc101"
    XkbLayout       "jp"

2 restart X server

if terminal, there are other files to edit, but i think the above is enough.

also, have a look at http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/jpninpt.html
for more info on using Japanese on RH.  written by Scott, a tlugger.

>ps I tried to search the archives but the search isn't working.
Sorry for inconvinience.  it is under development.

--
Coming Events
2002-03-09 Tokyo Linux Users Group Technical Meeting