RE: [tlug] Card Readers (was 'writing to USB storage device')

Jonathan Q (jq@example.com) wrote:

> > Well, my company's Hexa Media Drive works well with Linux.  The Drive
> > can read/write six different media types.
>
> It sounds very cool.  I notice that the only unixy OS listed
> on the web site is Mac OS X and that says under development.
> Is that just out of date, or is it a matter of "it will work
> with Linux, but they don't officially want to deal with it
> and won't help if it doesn't work?"

We know Linux is "out there" and we send samples of our USB
products to the Linux USB mass storage maintainer for evaluation.
But we have no OEM customers that require Linux that I know of,
so no "official" support yet.

Technical Support makes an effort to answer customer questions
about Linux, and they ask me to investigate when something doesn't
work.  :-)

> I know tonight's nomikai is very short notice, but if you're
> planning to attend, it would be cool to see one on a Linux
> notebook.

Anybody have a Linux notebook?  Kernel 2.4.x or later with the
USB drivers are needed.

Best regards,
jim.