Re: [tlug] Lost my XWindows

  Jim> [Charles Muller ([tlug] Lost my XWindows) writes:]

  +> > I changed the size of the fixed fonts for XWindows to a larger
  +> > size to make for easier reading of e-mail and so forth, but when
  +> > I started up Linux the next time, there was a video configuration
  +> > problem, and now XWindows won't start up (Linux starts, and I can
  +> > get a command line, but not XWindows). The error message says
  +> > that the fixed font I used is not compatible with XWindows.

  Jim> First, I don't think I can help you with the problem, although
  Jim> it would help to know how you "changed the size of the fixed
  Jim> fonts for XWindows".  Was this with some GUI provided with
  Jim> Mandrake (which I keep thinking is a poisonous plant with erotic
  Jim> tendencies.) Quite possibly you'll have to edit the XF86Config
  Jim> file, but maybe things are different in Mandrake-land.

Well, nothing in the original mail suggested it was a Mandrake. But if
it was - then look under /etc/X11/fs/conf  It's xsf config file.

BTW, it's the same for RH.

--Dmytro

--
 Dmytro Koval'ov