[tlug] Lost my XWindows

The newest guy on the block is back to bug you.

I changed the size of the fixed fonts for XWindows to a larger size to make
for easier reading of e-mail and so forth, but when I started up Linux the
next time, there was a video configuration problem, and now XWindows won't
start up (Linux starts, and I can get a command line, but not XWindows). The
error message says that the fixed font I used is not compatible with
XWindows.

I could use a text editor to fix this from the command line if I had an idea
where to look, and what a safe setting might be. Does anyone have any idea
which file contains these settings?

I tried changing the resolution settings, but this didn't help, so I think I
really need to find the file where these fonts are defined.

I hope someone can save me from having to do another reinstall here....(!)

Chuck

Charles Muller

Toyo Gakuen University
Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJK-English Dictionary
http://www.acmuller.net