[tlug] erasing hard drive?

I can't make Friday's meeting, but I was wondering if TLUG ever has install
fests, where people can come with various machines and receive help with
installs.

My current problem is that I have a Dell Inspiron 3000. It has Windows 98 on
it and I would to be rid of it completely and install RH 7.1 from CD.

When I try to install, Automatic partitioning fails and it usually asks me
if I want to manually partition with Disk Druid (fdisk is for experts only).

But I don't want to partition, I just want Linux on the machine, no matter
what I do after this point, the install hangs because there is not enough
memory free to install this way. I think I need to erase my hard drive, then
start up from the CD again, but I don't know how to do this.

Help.

Thanks,
Greg