From: Jonathan Q [mailto:jq@example.com]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 2:01 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: [tlug] Newly compiled Kernel woes:defconfig

Mancy, Raymond (mancy.raymond@example.com) wrote:

> Does anybody know where the defconfig for RH7.1 is? I know that RH does
not
> put i in the usual /usr/src/linux directory.

Have you installed the kernel source RPM?  If yes, you can get
Red Hat's defconfig or other kernel configs where I said
before:

> > Take one of Red Hat's canned configs from /usr/src/linux-2.4/configs

For a wide selection, or

/usr/src/linux-2.4/arch/i386

for the one currently called defconfig.

If you didn't install the kernel source RPM, do that and then check the
above locations.

Jonathan