Re: jvim+X, screen+kterm, screen+kinput, kinput and other apps

"SN_Diamond" <Norman.Diamond@example.com> writes:

> Martin Baehr wrote:
>
> > for some reason jvim tries to do something with X if a displayvariable is
> > set.
>
> Vim 6.0 is out.  You don't need jvim any more.  Plain "vim" operates in a
> terminal emulator or console, and "gvim" uses X.

I believe jvim had a direct canna interface which Vim 6.0 has not.

But jvim is based on Vim 3.x and there are so many new features in
Vim 6.0 that you probably don't want to use jvim anymore even though
a direct canna interface can be useful sometimes.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。