RE: Ping: Going backwards in time

>From: "Doughty, Michael" <Doughty_Michael@example.com>
>
>Are you checking both times relative to UTC?

Not sure what you mean. *I* am not checking any time-date data, ping is. And
I don't know where it gets whatever it is it complaining about ^_^.

>You could be running
>into a situation where one is an hour or so ahead of the other, and
>if they are in different time zones, or just have different time zone
>settings, this might not be apparent at first.

Possibly. I'm no unix hack, but date on both machines seems to indicate they
are in the same time-zone, and I assume same galaxies ;) (though the clocks
are not synchronized).

[root@example.com php]# date
Thu Sep 20 15:21:05 JST 2001

[root@example.com /root]# date