partition labels

Silly question, but how to I get to see the labels of my partitions?

Since it seems to be the new trend to mount the partitions by the
name of the label in /etc/fstab and I like to follow this trend, I'd
need to know the label first before putting a new entry in the file, no :)

fdisk -l doesn't show the label and no luck with cfdisk
I could always relabel it with e2label, but that's hopefully not my only
choice, now is it?

SVEN