Re: can't input Japanese in kinput2

Scott (scottro@example.com) wrote:

> Firstly, I should mention that the hard drive on this old box is slowly
> dying.  I'm not sure if that's a factor or not.

No.

> CD) however, still no luck.  When it's running properly, I'm able to input
> Japanese in either vi or pico without problem.
>
> I suspect I left out something while upgrading the kernel, but I'm not sure
> what--I've looked at the man pages for both canna and kinput2, however, no

Does this mean it worked before?  AFAIK the kernel neither knows
nor cares about stuff like Japanese input or display.  It's not into
language environments, so that *shouldn't* have made any difference.
But did you change anything else around that time?  Upgrade anything?

If you boot your old kernel (keeping those around for a while
is always a good idea) does it fix it?  I would think not, but
hey, surprise me :-)

Jonathan