Re: Printing PostScript

>Jason Katz-Brown <jason@example.com> writes:

> > I am using KDE 2.2 and can input japanese well,
> > and konqy can view it.
> > However when i print to a .ps, gv and its friends
> > show gibberish instead of
> > Japanese.
> >
> > I have looked for the fabled 'psconv' which i suspect
> > might help me -- would
> > it, if so where can I find it? (a .deb would be super :)

> You don't need to change anything in the PostScript files,
> they should be fine. But of course you need Japanese fonts
> for Ghostscript to display them.

I also need better understanding of this matter.
Is there no way to embed the font information into the
ps-file? That would make them portable. How does Ghostscript
get access to all the fonts which are being used with X-windows?
How does it work with Truetype-Fonts? And what happens, if the
ps-file is converted to pdf by ps2pdf. Can Acroread (any OS)
show the fonts correctly?

Regards,
Thomas Piekenbrock