Re: CVS

On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Darren Cook wrote:

> csv update has this option:
>   -C      Overwrite locally modified files with clean repository copies.
>
> It works, but it leaves behind backup files (starting with ".#"). Is
> there a way to tell it to not do this? It seems a common need: I edit
> some files, the idea sucks, I want to wipe them out and go back to the
> real version.

why not just delete the file(s) in question then do a "cvs update" again?

> Darren
>
> P.S. For the moment I'm using this after cvs update:
>  rm `find . -name .#* | xargs`

> Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, Sep 15 13:30-  Leading Edge Co., Place Canada
> Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, Oct 19 19:30-  Tengu Tokyo Eki-Mae

Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
Director of Information Technology, Director of Research and Development
ITIsOpen, Inc. - http://www.itisopen.com
Cisco Certified Network Associate, Sun Solaris Certified Systems Administrator