Re: crc error when booting

Ok, maybe I jump on the gun and I'm really sorry about it
However, Hatsuhiro's post did mislead me (and believe me I did read it all)

>I tried booting old Slackware 3.6 Linux, but I got the same message as
above.  Incidentally I used its LILO bootdisk and on the screen I >found:
>boot :
 >(Most lines omitted)
> Kernel panic : VFS : Unable to mount root fs on 03:01
 >I again tried booting by the simple Boot Disk copied from vmlinuz, and I
got nothing new.
 >Slack 8.0 was newly unpacked recently and I'm pretty sure that my Slack
3.6 and its boot disks are in good condition.  In fact, those >Linux systems
did perfectly worked before I tried setting up one of Microsoft Windows.  I
don't have a "rescue" disk, that even I don't >know of.

that was the first msg I saw from him; he said he was "tried booting old
Slackware 3.6 Linux" and "In fact, those Linux systems did perfectly worked
before I tried setting up one of Microsoft Windows" which really sounds like
he had a previuse installation of Slackware on his box.

I just want to let you know I did read his msgs.

Still regardless of what, I'm sorry that I confused him