Bilingual Debian Laptop (in the making)

Hi,

I would like to make a bilingual (English/ Japanese ) debian box. More specifically, I would like to send and receive email in Japanese.

Currently, I am running a testing(woody)/unstable(sid) hybrid with the 2.4.9 kernel on a Sony SR5k. I have Netscape setup to read Japanese, but I haven't figured out how to send and compose Japanese email. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I will also be visiting Japan next week.
http://www.annapolislinux.org/plan/japan_trip.txt

http://www/annapolislinux.org/myresume.html