Re: xemacs question

Scott Stone <SStone@example.com> writes:

> ok.. so how do I get my silly mouse wheel to work in xemacs?  I'm assuming
> it's an Xresource setting, but the Xemacs PDF docs on the website are like 7
> years out of date.  I dont think they HAD wheel mice back then.  "info
> xemacs" just gives me the manpage which says that the current documentation
> can be had via "info", so I'm in a circular pattern here.  This is 21.4.4,
> straight vanilla source build.

Put

    (mwheel-install)
    (setq mwheel-scroll-amount (quote (1 . 5)))

in your ~/.emacs (or ~/.xemacs/init.el, if you are using this instead
of ~/.emacs).

Doc-string of `mwheel-scroll-amount':

`mwheel-scroll-amount' is a variable declared in Lisp.
  -- loaded from "mwheel"

Value: (1 . 5)

Documentation:
Amount to scroll windows by when spinning the mouse wheel.
This is actually a cons cell, where the first item is the amount to scroll
on a normal wheel event, and the second is the amount to scroll when the
wheel is moved with the shift key depressed.

Each item should be the number of lines to scroll, or `nil' for near
full screen.
A near full screen is `next-screen-context-lines' less than a full screen.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。