xemacs equivalent for global-font-lock-mode?

    Shimpei> How do I enable font lock for all modes by default in
    Shimpei> xemacs? GNU emacs lets me do it with the
    Shimpei> global-font-lock-mode function, but it doesn't seem to
    Shimpei> exist in xemacs.

Set `font-lock-auto-fontify' to `t'.  If you want to explicitly list a
set of modes to fontify, put them in `font-lock-mode-enable-list'; to
defeat auto-fontification for a set of modes, put them in
`font-lock-mode-disable-list'.

I hate these gratuitous incompatibilities.  But the GNU people
intentionally don't ask[1] if we've implemented a feature and how.  So we
don't find out they've varied until _we_ do a synch.

Footnotes:
[1]  They "don't have time" and "couldn't use our code anyway."