Re: blackbox and icewm

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> writes:

>     Tobias> With SuSE xim would automatically be started when I was
>     Tobias> using shift+space,

actually that is kinput protocol, not XIM.

>     Tobias> is that an .Xdefaults-setting for kterm
>     Tobias> maybe ?
>
> Possibly.  Depends on how you invoked kterm.  If you used a menu or
> icon, the -xim option can easily be hidden in the menu action.  Adding
>
> KTerm*openIM: true
>
> to your .Xresources or .Xdefaults should have the same effect.

I don't have that option in the standard app-defaults for kterm
on SuSE Linux (/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/ja/app-defaults/KTerm). But I start
kterm in ~/.xim (which is sourced from ~/.xinitrc) like:

            export XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2"
            kinput2 -xim -kinput -canna &

Started like this, kinput2 will support both, kinput protocol and XIM.
If kterm is started without commandline options, it will default
to kinput protocol. If it is started like "kterm -xim" or if

    KTerm*openIM: true

is set in the app-defaults or ~/.Xresources, it will use XIM
instead. From the user point of view, there is no difference, kterm
behaves the same and works equally well with both protocols.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。