Re: kinput2 Auxiliary Control

Tobias Diedrich <ranma@example.com> writes:

> Hmm, when I accidently press some key combination a window titled "Auxiliary Control"
> pops up (appearently belonging to kinput2).
> How do I deactivate it ?

"Control-g" or "Backspace".

> What keys did I press ? (I can't remember, it was accidently)

"Insert" (labelled "Help" on some keyboards) or "Home"

> What is it good for ?

Inputting special characters like ・ or ∞, inputting characters
via hex-code or radical, recording new words to the user dictionaries
of Canna (or deleting works), some setup functions.

Have a look at the suse-cjk document at my home page. There are some
examples how to use this in the XIM section.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。