Re: "not cleanly unmounted" devices when rebooting

From: Hector Akamine <akamine@example.com>
Subject: "not cleanly unmounted" devices when rebooting
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 16:19:11 +0900

akamine> Hi all,
akamine>
akamine> Almost every time I reboot my PC (using shutdown, reboot or
akamine> Ctrl+Alt+Del) I get a "/dev/sda5 was not cleanly unmounted, check

I think you would be better to type sync;sync;sync (One for you ,one
for your machine and last one for linus) before halt.

akamine> forced" message, and linux proceeds to check the HD. I think any of
akamine> the configuration files is missing a line to unmount the drives before
akamine> restarting. Where and what should I put to avoid this?

see /etc/fstab

ken