Re: X->XX->X problem

  DK> Your ~/.Xauthority file is OK? Does 'xath list' work?

I doubt it is/does since I don't use exmh as my mailer and no one else
complains about it :)

  DK> If so try

  DK> xauth add :0.0 . `mcookie`

I restarted the X before leaving the office as I had to lock the
screen... Anyway, thanks to everyone who replied!

BTW is anything going on with an alternative graphical display for
UNIX (as Josh wrote)? At least X for portable devices must have been
cleaned and simplified.

Have to learn X yet...

Viktor