Re: this is a strange idea, what do you think..

Scott Stone wrote:

> I just had a thought (run! run for the hills!) ... would it not be nice if
> you had a little bitty daemon that runs under *windows* that you could
> telnet to and give a command like "reboot linux" and it would modify the
> lilo configuration on the mbr such that it would reboot the system into
> linux, in case you had a dual boot system and had left it booted into
> windows, but you want it to boot into linux so you can use it remotely?

Telnet *yucky*
Try installing cygwin and sshd =^_^=
(http://www.google.com/search?q=sshd+on+nt)
Then you just have to port lilo, don't know if shutdown works though...
(But somehow I would expect that to be working already)

--
Tobias							     PGP-Key: 0x9AC7E0BC